CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF SAN DIEGO UCC SCHOLARSHIP
Christian Fellowship Congregational United Church of Christ Scholarship Fund was established in May 2020 by members, families, and friends of Christian Fellowship Congregational United Church of Christ. The Fund shall be held, managed, administered, and paid out by an appointed committee made up of church members. The Fund is a perpetual charitable fund created for the purposed of granting scholarships to graduating seniors who have attended and fulfilled the requirements of the Christian Fellowship Church.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH / JR. COLLEGE / TRADE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
These scholarships will be awarded to deserving graduating high school seniors who are members or active in the church during their high school years. The scholarship provides awards annually in the amount of $1,000 each to graduating high school seniors.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be a graduating high school youth, active in the church (the contact at CFCC will verify the status of applicants as active)
- be accepted to a post-secondary educational program
DONALD E. GRAY SCHOLARSHIP
The Donald E. Gray Scholarship Fund was created to honor the legacy of a gentle giant who, for more than 25 – years, was a faithful, active member of Christian Fellowship Congregational Church.
A native of Paris, Texas, Donald Gray opted not to attend college after graduating from high school. Instead, he joined the U.S. Navy which allowed him the opportunity to earn an income to support his mother and family. The U.S. Navy eventually brought him to San Diego, CA where
he later enrolled at San Diego City College and earned an associate degree with high honors.
In his honor, family and friends have established a scholarship that will provide one $500.00 scholarship per year to a high school senior who is a regularly active member of the Christian Fellowship Congregational Church family. To be eligible, the student must:
- Have a minimum 3.3 GPA,
- Provide proof of enrollment into a four-year college or institution
• Submit a 250-word essay on the importance of service above self
CONTINUING COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship will be awarded to deserving undergraduate college students who are active members of CFCC, San Diego, CA. The scholarship provides awards annually in the amount of $1,000 each to current undergraduate students.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be an undergraduate college/university student and active in the church (the contact at CFCC will verify the status of applicants as active)
- be participatory in the church whenever home (i.e.: sing in the choir, usher, volunteer at church)
- be enrolled full-time during the academic year in a program leading to an associate or bachelor’s degree.
The online application is available on the Christian Fellowship Congregational Church of San Diego, United Church of Christ Website at www.christianfellowshipucc.org
The following items must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee:
- Online application completed in full
- Official High School/College/University transcript through the first semester of 12th
- grade for high school seniors, or most recent grade transcript for college students
- One letter of recommendation from a member or clergyperson at CFCC.
- One letter of recommendation from a school or community member.
- Personal essay, typewritten, no more than 300 words explaining 1) How you have
- benefited from participation in Christian Fellowship Congregational Church; 2) How you
- have overcome adversity; and 3) Your personal goals
- The application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadline indicated
- on the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The church Scholarship Committee will select recipients. The committee reserves the right to rescind an award should a recipient’s circumstances change, such as failure to graduate from high school or failure to enroll at an accredited institution. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to withhold the award if no applicants are deemed to meet the qualifications.
Funds will be distributed to the recipient upon receipt of official verification of enrollment in the institution of higher learning.